Please click here to access our student handbook.
Dress Code Policy
FLCS Student Dress Code Policy (revised 2018-19)
SCHOOL DRESS CODE APPLIES FOR ALL SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
INCLUDING EXTRA-CURRICULAR EVENTS AFTER SCHOOL
- Elementary and Junior High students are required to dress in the school colors of NAVY, TAN, BURGUNDY OR WHITE.
- Junior High students are allowed the addition of BLACK to the colors listed above. Black/Tan jeans are permitted.
- Jeans of any color are not allowed for Elementary students.
- Clothing displaying large graphics/pictures or logos (loonie size or larger) (other than the school logo)
is not permitted.
General Student Dress Guidelines
- No caps, toques, or bandanas inside the building.
- Scarves (worn inside) must be school colours.
- No outdoor coats unless outside.
- See through clothing is not permitted.
- Necklines and length of skirts/dresses must be modest. Underwear must not be visible.
- No tops with spaghetti straps.
- Shirts must cover the midriff. Shirts should be at least to the waistband of the pants.
- Indoor shoes must be worn when inside the school.
- Outside footwear must be removed when entering school building and placed on assigned boot rack.
General Student Dress Guidelines for P.E. Classes
- Grades 1 to 9 students must have indoor runners.
- Grades 4 to 9 students must wear:
-Shorts or sweat pants.
-T-Shirt or Sweat shirt: (non-school logos are permitted but must be appropriate)
-Outdoor runners for outside activities – Track and field, soccer, etc.
- No sandals or street shoes are allowed in the gym or outside for P.E. Class.
NOTE: ALL FINAL DECISIONS REGARDING DRESS CODE WILL BE MADE AT THE DISCRETION OF
Junior High - Bring your own Device
Due to the increased use of technology in learning, this new school year, we invite Junior High students to bring in their own lap tops or chrome books to school. Their devices would be just for their own use, and kept in the locked lockers when not in use.
If your child does not own their own device, we have the chrome books here at school to use as always.
Personal electronic devices used to access Division network resources must adhere to the following conditions: there must be no violation of licensing agreements, access must be achieved through processes defined and supported by the Division, acknowledgement that liability for loss, damage or theft of the device resides solely with the user and support of the device resides solely with the user, and agreement with the terms and conditions set forth in this administrative procedure and the Responsible Use Agreement. These are kept on file.